Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The hard part


I am notorious, or perhaps the most skilled person in the world, for starting something, and not following through when it comes to things like "dieting". It's just so easy to loose track.. miss a day... which then turns into months. This is what happens everytime I need to leave my routine.. such as visiting my family on weekends, or going to see Mark. It's always so hard to get back on track. Still, I havn't been doing too badly.

I've discovered that I'm at my weakest between 7pm - 11pm, a period of time where I just care less about what I'm putting in my mouth, because what is in front of me is yummy. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm at home, at BP or elsewhere.. my resolve just seems to about face and walks out.

What really doesn't help is the bread giveaway from the church. I only pick it up about once a month. It's so unbelievably delicious, easy and quick to prepare... if only they could make bread out of tofu like they do my now beloved Shirataki noodles. ...
I'm still tracking of a sort. . I'm writing down everything I eat.. but my points books are incogneeto.. so I'm not sure of the points I'm consuming.

Side note: The large Korean grocery on bloor near Christie carries Shirataki noodles in 3 or 4 different types. The most popular Angel Hair Pasta variety is around $2.75 /pkg, and the less popular varieties, including fettuchini and macaroni are $1.75. I stocked up... 8 pgks and they last until February. Only 40 calories for the entire bag!! Truely a miracle!

No comments: