Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today I win in the kitchen.


I'm proud of myself for coming up with some very low point, yet filling food. Normally when I decide to throw ingredients together, I'm rarely happy with the result. But now I've done it twice, creating fairly quick, low point yet somewhat yummy food.

Yesterday's Skillet:
(that is.. things I threw into a pan and then happily ate)

1 small onion, chopped
2T Natures Soy butter
5 small canned potatoes, sliced thin
SM bunch of spinach
4 sliced mushrooms
2T FF cottage cheese
Salt n' Pepper
Water as needed.

Total points: 5. Ohhhh yeah!
And it made a nice heap of food on a small plate.

Today in the soup pot:
2c roughly water. (I never measure water if I 'm hacking it)
1 bouillon cube, I think low sodium/vegetable
4T mixed lentils, 1 scoop each
2 sm onions, chopped
Pinch of Cayene pepper, and chives
.5T pre-diced garlic
1 pkg spinach shirataki (soy) fettuccine noodles RINSED!!!!
1c mushrooms, sliced
5 cherry tomatoes, squished!
1T Hosin sauce (or something else for flavour)
1 bunch fresh spinach, torn up (throw in at end, it'll cook FAST)
1 egg, stirred in pot (throw in at end, it'll cook FAST)
*note: noddles are ridonculously long, be sure to cut them before serving, or cut against side of bowl with spoon.
It makes enough for 2 servings IMHO, and the total for both servings is 5P+.

Bonne Appetite!
I'd love to hear about others low point mish-mash meals!

* The picture used is one from the net until I eat the rest of mine, when I'll try to take an image. I didn't have a roll or oil with it.

No comments: