Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Keto Foods: Bacon Walnut Brussel Sprouts

Figuring out what I can stand to take the time to cook, and then to eat... is a massive part of my challenge. I'm the size I am for a reason: Cereal, grilled cheese or KD for dinner? One Pot? Simple? Yes please!

I'm very rearely allowed to buy cereal any more. Because it WILL be gone in 2 days. Maybe.

So: Most recent:

Heat pan, but bacon fat from fridge into pan. As needed.
Get brussel sprouts. Rince, cut off the ends, and chop in half. Add to pan.
Salt / Pepper
chopped garlic
Once sprouts are nicely caramelized on one side, flip, and add handful of walnut pieces
Cook until slightly soft. Never mush your vegetables! Should be tender, not squishy!
If preparing for leftovers, remove a portion now, so wont much on reheat.

Optional add ons:
- Parmesan cheese
-blue cheese
-whatever the hell else you want
-Onions/caramelized onions
- bacon bits

It's so delish it's become an easy go to!

No comments: